nuffnang

2013年9月20日星期五

McDonald's Sweet Deals Desserts Card

It's been a while since I last blogged in English, with this post is created just mainly because of the Mcdonalds Malaysia newly introduced desert card, I guess English still the better way to blog it.



I saw the Mcdonald's post yesterday in my Facebook wall, without any hesitation I bought myself the card at the night after enjoying movie with my friends.



The card name is actually called - Sweet Deals Desserts Card.
The card cost me RM10 and it comes in a sealed envelope, together with 3 sundae coupons that worth RM9 ( 3 x RM3). Unfortunately, this card only lasts for 3 months and it will be expire at 31 Dec 2013.

The dessert card has give me a good impression at first stage, until I found out that the "up to" 25% discount that mentioned only entitle on selected items. 
The choices of the selected items that entitle for the discount are only for Sundae Cone, Apple Pie, Sundae (Chocolate/Strawberry) and Oreo McFlurry. 

  
First came across my mind was oh no, the selected items are too limited (No sundae cone flavor, no banana pie, no other flavor of Mcflurry) yet not all are 25% discount.
This is what I calculated out.

Before After Discount
Sundae Cone 1.00 0.80 20%
Apple Pie 2.20 1.70 23%
Sundae  3.00 2.50 17%
Orea Mcflurry 3.95 2.95 25%

Moreover, I also try to make some assumptions for the worthiness of the card. 

Although it looks nice to you by saying that the card only need to pay RM1 (RM 10 - RM 9 voucher = RM1), however If you do not like to take Sundae cup and not prepare to have Sundae cup over the next 3 months, the card has actually forced you to buy it with giving you the voucher included. Else, the card is actually cost you RM10. 

It is only equal value or worth if you preparing to have these in the next three months:
1) 3 Sundae Cup + 5 Sundae Cone
2) 3 Sundae Cup + 2 Apple Pie
3) 5 Sundae Cup 
4) 3 Sundae Cup +  1 Orea Mcflurry

How if you really do not like to take Sundae Cup? then the voucher you might try to give it out to someone and you might to have the following items to equal balance back the card value:
1) 50 Sundae Cone
2) 20 Apple Pie
3) 10 Orea Mcflurry


So, my conclusion and advise are, unless you are a cards collector or preparing to have these in the following three months, else it is no point to have this card with you.   

Just to make it clear, the target audience of this blog is excluded those die-hard Mcdonald's fans and those who simply want to spend money.


没有评论: